Musicians repeatedly tells us we are their favorite venue to play. Bands can expect a warm and hospitable welcome and a lively crowd. Locals will tell you that The Lariat is THE place for live music in the Valley.
The Lariat Sound Engineer
Robert Bangert has extensive live sound and stage work spanning over 30 years including live and studio engineering, live sound tech, lighting design and stage tech and recording engineer. Live concert production includes work with Kansas, Kenny Loggins, Jefferson Starship, Santana, Tom Jones, Barry Manilow, Blue Oyster Cult, Steppenwolf, Great White and Otis Taylor to name just a few.
- Meyer Sound PA, including 6 LINA Line Arrays and 2 750-LFC Mid Bass Subs, 3 UMP-2 Fills. 2 Meyer Sound in-stage 600 HP Subwoofers powered by APA4K Yorkville Power Amp. 8 Meyer Sound MJF-210 stage monitors.
- Midas Pro 3 digital sound counsel with 48 input channels, 16 output channels, and 8 monitor mixes.
- Full array of vocal and instrument mics, including Telefunken, Helle, Sennheiser, Shure, AKG and Audio-Technica.
- Two Yorkville AP4K power amplifiers with 2x 1800w per channel
- ART XL231 Dual 31-Band EQ, Dual DBX 215s EQ, two Lexicon MX200 processors, DBX 1046 Quad Compressor/Limiter
- Sonor Special Edition five piece drum kit
- Guitar/Keyboard Amplifiers: ’65 Fender Super; ’64 1/2 Vibroverb; ’70’s Marshall Super Lead with 4/12 cabinet; Mesa Boogey Dual Rectifier; ’69 Ampeg SVT with 4/10 – 1/15 cabinet; Fender Super Bassman with 4/10; Roland KC-500.
- Chauvet Obey 70 Light Board with 14 reversible fades and an assignable joystick, up to twelve 32 channel fixtures – stores up to 6 sets of chases containing 240 scenes
- Fog and strobe controls as well as MIDI compatibility
- Multiple outlets on stage allow for easy cord control
Musicians enjoy the use of three modern loft apartments above the venue. With 12-foot ceilings and 7-foot-high windows overlooking historic Main Street, each 400-square-foot unit with efficient furnishings provides ample space to relax before a show, and to comfortably spend the night.
The first apartment can comfortably accommodate four, while the other two with queen beds and convertible sofa beds are suitable for two or three. Both apartments have large three-piece bathrooms and are appointed with fridges and a microwave for convenience.